Freon Leak DetectionYour air conditioner is a sealed system like a tire on your car. Although a small freon leak may not pose a problem, a more serious freon leak will do so, and could occur at any time.
Some freon leaks are plainly visible to the eye. These include a visible line break, the presence of oil, and quite possibly a refrigerant vapor cloud of escaping gas.
Most freon leaks are hard to find so our technicians use various methods to locate them:
- Solutions can be used that bubble when placed on a freon leak site
- UltraSonic Devices can be used that "listen" for the freon leak
- Electronic Devices can be used that "sniff" out the freon leak
- Isolate and Pressure test individual components to find the freon leak
- Inject dye that travels through the system and the freon leak can be detected with a UV Light.
Having a trained Acree technician locate and repair the freon leak benefits you in many ways
- Lengthens System Life– When freon leaks out, oil that lubricates your compressor leaks with it. Not repairing that freon leak will dramatically shorten the life of your system.
- Lowers Utility Bill – Systems that operate with insufficent freon will run longer to keep your home cool. Often times the cost to repair the freon leak is recouped in energy savings.
- Saves You Money– Refrigerant costs are increasing more rapidly than ever due to EPA regulations.
- Avoids Costly Damage to Home– Due to insufficient refrigerant, your system may "freeze up" and the water created during the thaw can overflow and damge floors, ceilings, and walls.
- Irreparable Compressor Damage–Acid and contamination will damage your compressor, causing premature failure.
Diagnostic Only $79
Reduce Mold, Bacteria, & Fungus From Inside Your A/C
Installed in Any Residential System
Redeem PromotionView All Current Promotions